Wednesday 5 April 2017

St Wilfrids: Meeting & The Brief

Screen shot from my PPP blog, describing the thoughts and outcomes of today's meeting with St Wilfrid's

As stated above, I want to use this brief as an oppurtunity to explore 'illustrative design', and perhaps develop my interest in Illustrated Typography. I want to use this brief as part of my Extended Practice module because it shows a way that I could create work for marketing campaign and resonate with my intentions for the module, even though the outcome will not be finalised in time for the deadline. I think creating work for a college is very similar to creating commercial work to sell a product, as, especially in this case, as I will be aiming to advertise the college in an attempt to recruit more students for the upcoming years - In a way it is still selling a product. 

I'm excited that this brief has given me a chance to meet with a client and discuss ideas completely independently and professionally, giving me new challenges to overcome and benefit my practice further. 

The brief

The current Marketing material for St Wilfrid's is becoming stale and too familiar. Create a range of marketing material for St Wilfrid's Sixth Form, persuading exterior audiences and students at the school to enrol at the college/stay on for further education.

Target Audience is 14-16 year olds hoping to achieve educational and vocational qualifications / The parents of said audience. 

I am aware that this will probably keep developing past the point of the extended practice deadline, but I think it's still worth attempting to get some outcomes, demonstrating my ability to think around a commercial/marketing problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment