Thursday 30 April 2015

OUIL406 End Of Module Self Assessment


1.  What skills have you developed through this brief and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

In this module, I feel I have experimented and pushed myself the most in terms of developing certain skills. I have really enjoyed trying out new methods of working for the first time, for example illustrator, and also using the cintiq, both extremely useful skills to have. In terms of applying them to my work, I have achieved a brilliant number of outcomes in this module, each down to experimenting with and exhausting methods of production. I would say I have applied them really well, and that this module has been my most successful in my opinion.

2. What approaches to/methods of image making have you developed and how have they informed your concept development process?

Once again, I have developed so many different methods of working in this module. In the GIF brief I really challenged myself to create complex animations in Photoshop for the first time, that would challenge me in terms of time management and technical skill and I feel that through perseverance I managed to achieve effective outcomes. I have found that when developing concepts, research into my chosen subject was key, especially in SB3, so that I could fully understand what it was that I wanted to communicate. I researched quite heavily in SB2 and SB3, which I feel really paid off. I found looking at other artists to be really useful also in terms of pushing my concept further, inspiring me to try new medias.


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I think especially in this module, I have been able to demand more from my outcomes and push myself, in order to achieve them. I think that the briefs where I have had enthusiastic intentions, have been the most successful. In every brief of this module, I have challenged myself to create unique and impressive outcomes that in some cases I have achieved. I also really feel like I am starting to understand the tones of voice of different medias, which will definitely help me in future modules.


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

One main weakness that I found to be reoccurring, was how I would start a piece of work and would get lazy and be unable to finish it with the same enthusiasm and craft as when I started. It is something I need to work on, as It tends to really bother me when looking back at previous work. On top of that, time management is once again a main concern, especially now that I am working outside of university, I need to be able to manage my time more efficiently.


5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

-       Ask for more help from my tutor, and peers to gain an insight into how people view my work.
-       Use sketchbooks a lot more as a tool.
-       Take a more professional approach to ‘finished’ pieces of work, e.g, if there are minor aspects that need fixing, fix them to create a higher standard.
-       Use timetables to organise my time effectively.
-       Blog atleast 4 times a week, in order to keep reflections truthful and up to date.



No comments:

Post a Comment