Wednesday 29 April 2015

Studio Brief 3: Persons Of Note - Media Experiments


Here a few media experiments from my sketchbook that I created in relation to Carl Sagan.

Nebula experiments with gouache

Watercolour experiments


I made this image using ink and a white paint pen, which I think really sums up my interpretation of Carl Sagan. I wanted to make an image that shows Sagan appreciating the universe, which is a really nice quality I have found in him. I really like the idea of an image that creates a feeling of nostalgia, celebrating the beauty of the universe, which I feel reflects Sagan's patient and considerate nature.

I also took part in a peer critique where I discussed my intentions for my project. Some main feedback I received from my sketchbook;

  • Good to see a full sketchbook of experimentation
  • As opposed to focusing on what Sagan looks like, big eyebrows, turtleneck etc, try to understand more what he is about and form an opinion of him.
  • Starry image works well, maybe try making him smaller, play with scale to communicate largeness of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment