Wednesday 29 April 2015

Studio Brief 3: Persons Of Note - Final Outcomes + Prints

Poster


My poster was a massive triumph for me. I am so pleased with how it has turned out, and how I was able to locate the ideal media for my poster. I think that the colours work really effectively, and that the poster really communicates a nostalgic feeling that makes you think. I found it really exciting working on such a large scale, and feel like it really challenged me to use composition effectively. There a few minor compositional niggles that were brought to light after printing, but for a first attempt at using a cintiq I am so happy with it. 

Postcards



In each of my postcards, I have referenced a still from a variety of episodes of 'Carl Sagan - Cosmos', each of them showing Sagan exploring/enjoying nature and appreciating the universe, aspects that I have tried to recreate in my postcards.

I think that my postcards work really effectively, and have the same consistent quality as my poster. I feel that the use of colors once again create an atmosphere, which was one of my main intentions. As a set I think they work phenomenally, and the use of orange, blues and purples create a warm vibe in each of the images. This is further created by the use of the custom brushes. Overall I'm so happy with my postcards, and apart from small compositional aspects, I do not feel they could be improved. 

Stamps
In each of my stamps, I have tried to focus on the beauty and the depth of the universe, ranging from plant earth (the shell), to galaxies far away in space. I do not feel like my set of stamps are successful as my poster and postcards, however I do really enjoy the warm mixture of brown/orange and blue. I feel that the warmth created by the color scheme is reflective of Sagan's nature towards to the universe, accepting and considerate. I think that I really struggled with the stamps because of the composition and how small scale they are. 

Prints


I decided to get my images printed on matte card, because I wanted to create an authentic yet polished look, which I feel my prints convey. The colors turned out amazingly on the prints and feel that each image is complimentary to one another.  


A small idea I had was to print my poster on to tracing paper, in order to give it an authentic quality (and it was only 50p a print so why not), however It did not turn out how I imagined. I decided to put it up against a window and let the light shine through it however, which made all the colours really intense and vivid. I really like the idea of using it as a window sticker, because of it's picturesque aspect, which is intensified with natural light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment