Tuesday 28 April 2015

Studio Brief 2: Greetings From - Chosen Places + Initial Ideas

For this brief my main concern was to to think of places that would be instantly identifiable/understood in the collective consciousness, without using clichéd ideas. I wrote a list of all cities I could think of, and put them into categories based on interesting aspects of their culture, eg food and traditional clothing. I decided to use the places I thought had the most identifiable visuals/ the ones that I felt I knew already and perhaps already visited.


Because of the nature of this brief and the requirement for it to be recognizable, I struggled to think of a fresh concept to base my postcards on, and decided that it would be best to do a simple thing done well, and perhaps even use cliches. 

After going away and considering ideas, I came up with; 


 

Drinks from around the world, Alcoholic + Otherwise


I then started to think about the kind of person who would drink certain drinks around the world, and thought about visual signifiers, e.g costume, colour scheme etc?


And then my idea developed into Hot Drinks and the Cups used to drink them. I really liked this idea because It was quite an interesting concept, and the way that it reflects a whole culture through a tiny aspect (a cup) i thought was really effective. 

I didn't want to choose just 4 specific places cause I felt that would only limit me when trying to think of ideas, so I chose specific places that fit in with my various concepts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment