Wednesday 29 April 2015

Studio Brief 3: Persons Of Note - Scamps + Final Mockup

When creating the mockups for my poster, I had intentions of creating an awe inspiring scene of nature, showing the beauty of the universe and nature, with Carl somewhere in the composition looking out in deep thought. With ideas as concrete and precise as these it was quite easy to generate mock ups.


In these mockups I had the idea of using alot of negative space to show the vastness of the universe, however I felt that this idea was quite cliche and overused, alot like in my ink and white paint image. 




I then settled for these compositions for my final poster, that would show a picturesque landscape lit by a sunset, where I intend to reference Tom Cole's stunning use of media and colour. In my final poster, I think it would be effective to not show Sagan's face, and that it would become to obvious to any fan who it is anyway. I think it would create a sense of prestige and would honor his legacy subtley, as opposed to using a caricature. 

Upon creating these scamps I decided to try out the cintiq and play around with the various brushes, which created the exact authentic effect I was looking for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment