Wednesday 8 March 2017

Cosmetics Brief: Product Mockups

These are some final product realisations from my collaborative product design brief for 'PLATO' cosmetics. Because of the complex design of our box, I felt it would be beneficial to attempt to create a mockup using rendering techniques in photoshop. I think I have quite a good understanding of shadows and light, and so I applied this knowledge creating 3D visualisations of our proposed product.



I think the box looks really effective, which I feel would appeal to our target audience. I think that all our design choices have created a product that looks quite luxurious, with a really trendy colour scheme appropriate to our concept.



In order to start creating some finalised pieces for submission, I made some poster/promotional material, using my rendered image of the box. Through these designs I wanted to commnicate mystery and the ocean, which I have done by creating a dark and shadowy atmosphere, and creating sea like textures in photoshop. In my market research I identified dark colours being used to convey luxury, which I have taken inspiration from here, but also to communicate our concept of mystery and being at the bottom of the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment