Friday 3 March 2017

Illustration Friday/Typography: Scoop



So this is my response to the word 'scoop, in which i'm starting to identify a way of working that I quite enjoy and adds another element to my practice; another string to my bow. I'm really happy with this response, mainly because of how easy the word 'scoop' was to produce. I feel like the word 'scoop' has heavy visual connotations anyway which I just played on. I really enjoy the soft/shiny but 3D effect that these images are creating, as I feel like although looking 3D it still has an illustrated/crafted feel. I also like the way it's an oppurtunity to experiment with colours to further communicate the meaning. 

This project is really starting to make me think about ways that these outcomes could be utilised for commercial purposes. It definitely lends itself to advertising campaigns, but I feel that editorial could be another route. I've not dabbled in Editorial much in my practice so far, and I feel like this could be a way of effectively utilising it. 

In my next outcome I would like to try and stray away from keeping the actual letters, and making a completely illustrated/concept based typography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment