Monday 27 March 2017

Nest: Image Development

After the Nest submission brief, I felt a bit unsatisfied with my outcome as it didn't really serve any purpose other than to just be visually enticing. So I decided to research into appropriate ways that I COULD develop and apply my image to suit a commercial context, and found Book Design.



I identified this book by Neil DeGrasse Tyson 'Astrophysics for people in a hurry', something that i've been wanting to read for a while, as an appropriate book in terms of subject matter, but also concept. The idea of someone being belittled and overwhelmed by Astrophysics is an element that could be communicated through the use of vast composition and small figure. 


I think I was able to locate and source appropriate typefaces in order to create a fully functional and effective cover. Also I was able to use type and image effectively to really push and develop my images to be used in a commercial context.


I was much happier with this outcome as my response actually had a purpose, and now maintained a professional and fully finished approach. This piece will definitely go in my portfolio to demonstrate layout and type. I'm glad that I have also located an appropriate pathway in order to develop my outcome to help it resonate with my intentions for the project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment