Saturday 18 March 2017

YCN Greenalls: Poster Design (Part 2)

David Tennant performing Iconic Scene from Hamlet

Idea/visual Development

In my image I wanted to make reference to the famous scene from Hamlet, the holding up of the skull. I think this is an iconic image linked with Shakespeare, an actor kneeling down on one knee holding up a skull saying the words 'to be or not be' (not sure how accurate these references are to Hamlett, but even if they're wrong, I think that creates a bit of humor). In my drawings I started playing around with viewpoints, and because my work tends to have quite a cinematic feel, I wanted the image to be dynamic. I found a dyanmic view for my image by using photography to create reference material to draw from.


So this is another addition to my Shakespeare Anniversary Campaign for Greenall's. Here I've actually had to draw shakespeare's face - I don't usually make characters so this felt a bit strange, but I think I managed to illustrate it in a way that it fits in with the campaign and conveys that subtle humour. I'm not 100% thrilled with this image still and I think there are still alot of improvements that could be made, like the addition of small details. However I think this reflects my idea, and my ability to think up effective concepts, which was a personal goal for this module. Also with YCN/D&AD a huge part of it is about the idea creation and identifying an appropriate outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment