Friday 17 March 2017

YCN Greenalls: Campaign (Part 1)

I  decided to develop one of the first sketches I made when starting this project, and feel like this is where my idea really started to come together. Initially I had the idea to make a chavvy shakespeare inviting the audience back to hi for an after party after a play as I felt this would not only create humour, but appeal to the millenial target audience and hint at the idea of buying Greenall's for the party! 

'After party at mine yeah?' + Colour Experiment

When producing the image I felt that I should be a bit more subtle with the humor, and communicate it more visually. I also thought that it might be seen in bad taste to make shakespeare into a chav, especially when the bottle is to celebrate 400 years since his death. 



This is the final image I came up with for a billboard advertising campaign, that could be used also on the underground etc. This image took a while to make because of all the small details, shadows etc within it, but I really enjoyed crafting this environment. I based it on the design of The Globe theatre, using reference imagery from google. I think that the composition of the image works really well and creates alot of depth. I've identified that I need to work on drawing figures more as this was the part I struggled with the most, however I think I was able to communicate well enough that he is bowing. I've also continued the use of the green colour to reiterate the greenall's aesthetic, with a small addition of red just to make the image more punchy. Something I feel could be better is to make the visual clues alot more prominent, e.g make the collar alot bigger and more noticeable, to really hone in that this is based on shakespeare.

It wasn't until after that I decided to add the spotty underpants, which I feel really tops the image off and creates that subtle humor I was trying to create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment