Saturday 6 May 2017

FMP: Elephant Article / Type Experiments

To start designing my second outcome, based around the ethics of elephant tourism in Thailand, I initially focused on font/typography to generate a tone of voice for the article, to which I could start responding visually. Using dafont again, I selected a range of appropriate types that have an emotional tone of voice, and create a reflective/sympathetic element. Also I feel that creating the type first will allow me to compose an image around this, to avoid compositional problems later (as seen in the previous outcome). I created a range of different outcomes and received feedback on each of them:



Feedback I received: 
(Top left) is my favourite one, communicates ethical elements through hand rendered type, looks like Lush cosmetics? 
(Other 2) Types look too similar and are the same thickness, if you are mixing type they need to be different. 
Shape of the text looks too square.

- Again they are all very square and don't communicate aswell as initial types.

I decided to play around with using my most effective type on the silhouette of an elephant, to give context and to create a somber/reflective atmosphere. However I think that it looks too basic and could be alot more immersive in terms of generating emotion? I intend to develop this idea using a more illustrative approach, which I will then animate. Good starting point though.

No comments:

Post a Comment