Thursday 11 May 2017

FMP: Reflection So Far

Reflecting on what I've created so far, I'm really happy with my outcomes - Amazingly I feel that these outcomes are symbolic of everything that I have developed and adapted during extended practice. They are the embodiment of illustration, animation, graphic design, illustrated type, book design(kind of), and I think it's just amazing to see how everything has come together. I've found a way to push my way of working using text and animation, relating to "illustrative design", something that in PPP I identified as an area for exploration. 

Outcomes so far:





Relating back to my outlined Brief and how I proposed to produce title images and spot  images for 3 articles - I feel that I may have to reconsider. As my idea has since developed into the creation of a brand/product, I feel that design work needs to take more priority in terms of conveying a fully rounded project that reflects my intentions, as opposed to creating a larger body of similar animated works. Ideally i'd liked to have had both, but I do not feel it is realistic at this moment in time. 

As I have decided to propose an App/website/product, it got me thinking about ways that my images (above) could be applied to develop them further. As they were bespokely created in response to chosen articles I feel it would be difficult to apply them randomly to other products, however I think it exemplifies ways that moving image and type can be used effectively together in order to utilise screen based platforms, and create immersive editorial content.

No comments:

Post a Comment