Friday 5 May 2017

FMP: Unusual Delicacies / Image Development

So I decided to abandon the illustrated type idea (for this outcome anyway) because I felt that it hindered the composition of the overall image, and when animated would only decrease legibility further. So I returned to the wacom reusing successful elements like colour and textural quality, as seen in my previous response. 

So these are my outcomes for the 'Unusual Delicacies' article, which I think are successful and appropriate to the genre. I think they are quite dramatic and striking, created by the dark colour schemes and shadows, but also the deeper shade of red I've used to communicate oriental elements and a dramatic/sickly feel, appropriate to the topic. 


I'm definitely alot happier with the composition now (even though half of it is hidden by the big ugly metal thing, which looks a bit out of place) - which once removed from the image creates a direct focus on the plate of shocking food. I've tried to create a contrast in colour schemes from the surrounding plates of 'normal food' just to communicate a little bit more instantly. 


Stylistically I feel that i've used composition effectively to make a fully illustrative/immersive article header. I'm really happy with my choice of font, as I think it has connotations of cookbooks or menus? It's very traditional but a little bit modern and fun, which fits with the nature of this article perfectly. 


Overall I'm really happy with this outcome, and think that all the elements in the image work effectively together in order to communicate the theme of the article. I also think that i've animated it with quite a punchy tempo which I think is also appropriate to the tone of voice of the article. One of my concerns however is that when converting my image to animation, it has lost image quality and the font has gone fuzzy? I need to research more into ways around this as it just looks a bit unprofessional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment