Friday 5 May 2017

FMP: The New Yorker / Layout Inspiration



I'm starting to think about how I am going to apply my images/how they will work on screen to accompany an article. I came across this article in The New Yorker which is completely full screen. I really like the layout of this as I think the negative space makes the viewer focus on the image before reading, so that they have a bit more of an insight/context into what the article is about. I think that the composition and minimal use of type lets the image breath, aswell as creating a trendy/modern and minimal aesthetic for the page, but allowing it to communicate to the reader on a fully immersive scale.  

My Response


Taking inspiration from The New Yorker, I created a simple mockup for my website/app. I think that on screen, my image would create the fully immersive effect that I have been trying to achieve so far. I think that the layout design of my webpage could definitely use some development but for now I'm happy with this outcome as a whole and think it adds visual excitement especially, with the animated element. 

No comments:

Post a Comment