Wednesday 10 May 2017

FMP: Maya Bay / Further Development

Based on my reflections in the previous post about my initial Maya Bay article response, I made amendments to my image that I'm confident have created a better designed and communicative outcome, that reflects my visual style alot more.




 Improvements made:
- Use of typeface, gives image a more designed feel, and makes it alot more legible. The choice of typeface has a vintage touristy effect that communicates a fun atmosphere.
- I think that the use of still and animated text has an effective contrast, and works really well stylistically. 
- Much better composition in terms of having the title central as opposed to in the bottom half of the image. I decided that the full landscape wasn't necessary to the elements that I needed to visually communicate, and now looks like a much more considered and professional design.
- I also added leaves/trees to the foreground just to build up the scene alot more, creating an immersive atmospheric and cinematic image. (and also I just wanted something to add a blue glow to, to make it more atmospheric).

Overall, I'm now really happy with this image and think that I have made alot of correct decisions in terms of adjusting the composition and style of font. In comparison to the previous image, I think this has a much more logical layout, with a heavier more immersive atmosphere. I'm also really happy with how the animated elements came out, making this image a perfect example of what I was aiming to achieve with this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment