Saturday 25 February 2017

Cosmetics Brief: Visual Inspiration + Sketchbook

 

I've started collecting some visual inspiration for our Cosmetics Box in terms of design and pattern. I started with the disney film, which I find to be really exciting conceptually. I love the idea of the Lost Tribe and their tribal markings etc which is something I'd like to take forward into my surface pattern design, creating something that looks authentic and ancient. Some examples I found:



I also had the idea of using fish skeletons, to reference the concept of something being lost under the sea, and I think it could look quite elegant. There's something really nice and fragile about fish skeletons which could give the brand a soft but edgey appearance.

I feel that with the project we're attempting to create a luxury brand and I have identified nautical themes to be very trendy at the moment. 



Here I tried creating some patterns using shapes(that look quite tribal) and the motif of the fish skeleton. I quite like this image. although I've never really made a repeat pattern before so I'm a bit unsure where to start. I think I just want to experiment with mark making and go from there, as I think a texturally heavy design would effectively relate to surfaces of rocks etc at the bottom of the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment