Friday 10 February 2017

YCN Greenalls: Animation Development


So the idea for my YCN Greenall's response, is to make a short animated film/advertisement that follows a woman's journey home from the office on a friday night, in the rain, to find relaxation and comfort at home in a gin and tonic. I feel like this idea would appeal to the millennial audience that have recently entered into the world of work (age 21ish).

Upon deciding on my idea, I wanted to get as much down on paper as possible, so I dived right into a story board, thinking of small movements each frame could make in order for it to still make sense. I'm desperate for the animation to have a short punchy feel, only 1 second per frame maybe?

From what I understand of After Effects so far is that there's not a massive amount of scope for making movements, so this has limited me a bit but made me attempt to think of ways around it, by creating simpler elements in photoshop etc. 




This is the first frame of my animation and I'm pretty happy with it. I like the illustrative quality of it, it looks a bit digital but i like the smooth/fluffy look of it, it reminds me of an illustration for a children's book or something. I've tried to maintain the colour green throughout and will continue to do so for the rest of the animation to reinstate the Greenall's brand aesthetic. I will aim to include more union jacks aswell as if this will act as an advertisement, I want it to scream Greenall's in every frame.

I think an illustration/animation in comparison to photography/filming has more of a quirky/light hearted effect(in this case anyway), which I think is ideal for the personality/brand values I'm trying to communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment