Friday 3 February 2017

To Kill A Mockingbird: GIF Development


As part of my rationale for Extended Practice, I identified animation as something that i'd like to get experiment with and use to develop my portfolio. So I decided to develop my cover, maintaining the same concept, just making it come to life a little bit more. I think this is an excellent way to develop my portfolio and show variety and a good skill set, also branching out to digital ways of advertising books and thinking about application to E-books, digital bus shelters, screen based platforms etc. 

I'm happy that I was able to create communicate the animated elements that I had in my head, however I feel that the ammount of frames within the animation should be more, creating a more detailed and fluid movement. I don't think it's a bad try though!

In addition:

Do animated e-books have a future?
http://readwrite.com/2010/09/01/moving_tales_animated_ebooks/

An interesting article I found whilst developing this outcome that describes animated e-books to be an "expansive experience" for the reader, helping me to identify this way of working as a viable pathway for commercial work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment