Saturday 11 February 2017

Out Of Order: Initial Sketching + Idea Development


Reference material from Google Images, bold, shadowy, bright neon lights - atmospheric, hints at something a bit mysterious/seedy/naughty? My concept will be based on the idea of a broken blinking neon light. 


Mockups/ Composition/ Line of sight 

Adding double meaning to Out of Order -

I also had the idea of adding a couple kissing in a doorway to give my image a bit more depth - I wanted to create a narrative of 2 people that were being adulterous to their partners, and meeting up in a seedy motel to cheat. I then feel like this adds more depth in terms of answering the brief, cheating could be considered 'out of order' - out of order marriage, or out of order in the sense of behaving in a wrong way?

Film Noir


In my head my image is going to end up looking very film noir. I intend to play on the harsh lighting of neon lights, that will cast bold and powerful shadows as seen in the images above. I love these images and find them extremely powerful and immersive in terms of creating atmosphere and suspense. I aim to take alot of inspiration from this genre when building my image. I also like the cinematic element which is something I've identified as a running theme throughout my previous work, I like making images from a particular dynamic view point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment