Tuesday 7 February 2017

Stratstone: Final Images

Today we finalised the outcomes so that they'll be ready for print on Thursday!

In order to break up the work load between the two of us, we decided that one of us design the background (joe) and the other the foreground(me), just to ensure that there was some consistency throughout. Admittedly we didn't do much testing/trying out, we just went with what we knew would work, mainly because of the push for time. When designing the foreground I took inspiration from the mood board I created and starting drawing things like deer, trees rocks and a campfire, using a very limited colour palette on each, to communicate different times of the day. I think that in the more successful pieces, colour is very limited which I think makes them look alot more considered and professional. 

Overall my favourite pieces are sunrise and sunset and think that they would be great in my portfolio. In the others I feel like they lack attention to detail slightly which irritates me, however considering the time scale I think they are still effective. I think Joe did an amazing job of creating the skies and just make the images look really atmospheric. 

Final Images (in reverse order, because blogger is stupid)

Gif showing our process of building the images 

Mockup of our banners around the car, I think it really creates an outdoors feel and answers the brief perfectly. I also think that the use of considered colour palettes makes the set look trendy and elegant which fits in perfectly when creating work for the automobile market. Although the images are being used as just a backdrop, I can't help but feel that they work really effectively on marketing material like posters/campaigns to promote the outdoors/adventure element of the Mini Countryman, which leaves alot of room for development.

No comments:

Post a Comment