Friday 17 February 2017

Out Of Order - Part 2?

So I really enjoyed creating my image for Out Of Order, so much that I wanted to create more images based on this environment. There's something that really appeals to me in terms of creating atmosphere and lighting, which really lends itself to the environment of a motel. In this piece I wanted to create a kind of Part 2 to my original image, develop the narrative a bit more?


I created some compositions based on the female character looking outwards through the window, again with harsh neon lighting beaming down on to her. Once again I took alot of inspiration from Film Noir, focusing heavily on shadows, negative space and silhouettes, in order to create a powerful atmosphere.


So this is my final image in this mini series I've created, based around the theme of adultery. I think it's maintained the boldness and suspense of the first image, but just adding another dimension to the story. In terms of creating commercial use for these images, I merely created them as one off images without a purpose, other than to be sold in the show. However, I think this image in particular could lend itself to editorial or record sleeve design like secret 7", which would be a very commercial purpose for it. I just think, like in my 1 a week illustrated type brief, that these images are good for just remaining active on social media and getting my work out into the public view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment