Saturday 11 February 2017

Stratstone: Poster Development

As stated in my 'overall experience' post, I feel that the images were too illustrative and overpowering to just be used as a mere backdrop for a campfire (which if we'd have known we could've made them a bit more subtle). 

However I decided to develop them and use them for posters advertising the launch, displaying more of a commercial use for the images, which I feel is more appropriate. I think these 2 images in particular really communicate an 'outdoors' feel which is what the mini countryman is all about, so I think using them for hypothetical posters is a successful way of developing them. I also feel that they'd be effective portfolio pieces displaying how our work could be used commercially. 

 



This development is my personal favourite as I really like the concept and love how it's like a window to the outdoors. I did struggle with the harsh black logo because I feel like it needed to be more subtle, however the deer in the foreground looked really out of place and shadowy against a a lighter colour. I took inspiration from the Llama park signs I created during summer, making things come out of frame in order to create a more immersive effect. If I get time i'd like to use this concept to develop the other images from the project and make some great pieces for my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment