Friday 3 February 2017

Illustration Friday/Typography: Up


My first outcome for my illustrated type brief, and I think its quite effective, considering it took me the best part of an hour from initial idea to completion. I think i've used reference to aeroplanes successfully to help communicate the chosen word. With this piece I used softer/airbrush brushes to construct the image which I think gives it a lot more of a 3D/rendered/realistic feel - a bit different to the textural brushes I have been using in the past, creating a completely different tone of voice.

My only concern with this is that it could perhaps read as 'Op'? i've tried to shape the rim of the window so that it is a U shape, but these are things that I really need to start considering, and will define the success of each image - 

more of a focus on LEGABILITY.

No comments:

Post a Comment