Monday 13 February 2017

Out Of Order - Final Print

This is my final response to the Out Of Order brief, I think it'll be called something like 'The Motel'. I really played on the idea of bold colourful neon lighting, and harsh dramatic shadows, taking huge inspiration from 'Film Noir'. I played around with alot of colours for the lights and found this to be the perfect shade for the atmosphere I was attempting to create. I've never used colour this boldly before, so I feel like this will definitely be an effective portfolio piece, demonstrating that I can use colour well.  


To communicate 'Out of order', I attempted to make the sign look like some of the letters were broken which I wanted to be the main focus of the composition; and then upon closer inspection notice the couple in the corner who are acting -out of order- and being a bit naughty at the motel. 

In terms of visual quality I'm really happy with how the image turned out and think it's a bold, atmospheric window into a story. I particularly like the use of leading lines to the centre of the image, which I feel has an interesting effect on the way the viewer would read the image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment