Friday 3 February 2017

Stratstone: Image Development

Me and Joe have decided that we are going to create a set of 4 images that all link together, but in each one showing a different time of the day. We agreed that considered colour palettes were going to be what would make our images stand out. So I created a moodboard/palette board based on a range of images from pinterest in order to help whilst designing our landscapes. 

As part of the brief we were asked to communicate an 'outdoors' feel, so I thought it would be a good idea to collect reference material of aspects that we should include. These things are quite typically american and maybe a bit cheesey? so we thought that eagles etc might be a bit much for our images. 



Because of the way I'm quite hands on, I like to get things out of my head straight away and I couldn't wait to see what our thing could look like so I jumped right in and made this, thinking that we could just split it up into 4 parts. 




This was really just a test to see how the colours would work, ways that we could merge the 4 different times of the day, and I think it needs to be alot more of a considered colour palette than this. Also it was really hard to create a smooth transition from day to night over one image. 

I'm meeting up with Joe today to get started on the final thing, however we are concerned about how we are going to split the workload? like we don't want to be holding the pencil at the same time, but equally we are both illustrators wanting to have a visual input on the final outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment